Basic Trail Running Tips
1. Base your training on time and effort, not distance or pace. If you are training for a race include the terrain that is similar to what the race will cover.
2. Add cross training to your weekly training plan with some strength exercises.
3. Elevation, elevation, elevation. Make sure you have elevation in your training portfolio.
4. High foot cadence. Keep those legs ticking over with fast feet on the trails. If you think you need one or two strides to cover some ground, take three strides!
5. On race day, run your own race. Other runners will have different strategies so focus on what you need to do.
6. Most important tip...have fun! (And add some more elevation to your training!)
From, Team Trail Hunter